Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Kelsey is Crippled

The perfect word that can be used to describe me would be the word "klutz." I have been at Trinity for a whole month and already I have had a slew of embarrassing injuries. My first injury was my sprained left ankle. One might think that I did it doing something athletic, but that person would be wrong. However, I was attempting to do something athletic. While I was in the weight room getting my swoll on, something terrible happened. I stepped up on the bench to do some pull up exercises on the bar. After finishing my exercise, I hopped off the bench. You might be thinking, "Well why didn't she just step off?" The answer is because I wanted to look cool in front of the guys in the weight room, so I jumped. Unknown to me, there was a box right next to the bench. I landed on it weird, and ended up in the trainers. Luckily, I held my tears until I got back into my dorm, because I am cool like that. That seems like enough embarrassment for a month, right? Apparently it wasn't.

A mere week later, I was walking up to Coates to get a smoothie in the Commons. This was a mistake, for it was nighttime. Nighttime is when all the bugs come out. I hate bugs. As I'm walking up the stairs, I spot a huge bug! I ran for my life. Unfortunately, I tripped on myself and ended up falling down the stairs. There were two people behind me. I came back to my dorm with huge scabs on my knees and toes. By the way, I still have them after two weeks. 

The last thing I have to add to my list of injuries is another sprained ankle. It was at pole vault practice. We were doing sand drills with the pole. My grip was way too high and I lost control and landed one footed in a hole in the sand. Basically, I wiped out in front of both my coaches and my teammates. I am now on crutches for a good four to five days and have to crawl around my dorm room. However, there is a silver lining. My friends and I went to Wal-Mart yesterday and I was able to drive around the electric scooter. It was pretty legitimate.




Creative Commons License
Wheelin' in Walmart by Kelsey is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment